Laura gave me a wonderful idea, so I thought I would post a few recipes for you all to try. The first one I love for a quick weekend lunch or weekday dinner.
Great steak and mushrom sandwiches
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion (I used white onions)
1 glove garlic (used 2)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 large or 4 medium sized flat mushrooms, stalks trimmed (didn't not use, as none in the house)
2 rump or sirloin steaks, sliced thin.
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (did not use)
Salt and pepper
Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and saute over a medium heat until tender and turning golden at the edges. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the vinegar and cook for another minute. Tip the onions on to a plate while you cook the mushrooms.
Wipe the mushrooms with damp kitchen paper. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the mushrooms on both sides for about 5 mins, until tenter. Remove from pan.
Season the steaks and cook in the frying pan over a high heat for about 1.5 mins on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
Cut each piece of bread almost in half and spead liberally with 1 tbs of the mustard. Place a steak on the bottom half and pile half the onion on top, followed by half the mushrooms. Scatter with parsley, add seasoning and press the sandwich together. (I added lettuce to the sandwich.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment