Friday, October 16, 2009

Auchan's

Today was our bi-weekly trip to the city for grocery shopping! Eric's job is take Miss Daisy (Beth) twice a month for our large shopping. Anyways, here on the other side of the world, you have to weigh your produce in the produce section for the price. I went over there with avocados and then said something to me, and I gave him a look and shook my head, like I didn't understand....then he proceeds to ask me "Do you speak English?" at that moment I tried really hard not to laugh, as yesterday I just had a conversation that I am the one always asking, do you speak English.....the funny part is, when he spoke to me in English, I still had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he was telling me those are not the avocados for .89 cents....then another customer, added, you weigh those at the check out.....Life, full of interesting moments.

Now all the cupboards are full, the freezer is stocked, and I have not a clue as to what I am going to make tonight. We bought rice today, I might attempt to make that. I have never made rice without a rice cooker. Besides, before I moved to Hawaii, I NEVER ate rice, gross. So, cross your fingers it works tonight. I think Eric is sick of eating potatoes...and if you know me, you would understand.

Off to search on the internet for something to make.

Adios....

No comments:

Post a Comment